"Gentle Dental is the best dentist I've ever been to and I really appreciate all the work Dr. Potgieter has done in looking after my teeth."
Dental implants are a versatile way to address missing teeth. They can be used in full mouth reconstructions or just to replace a single missing tooth. They are also used for patients who are looking for better support for their dentures, such as those who want to bite into an apple without having to worry about their dentures popping off or slipping out of place.
Dental implants are titanium rods that are placed into the jaw bone. When the implant is surgically placed, there is a period of time in which the implant must heal. This is a process called osseointegration, and allows the bone of the jaw to grow around the implant in order to hold it securely in place. Once this has occurred, patients will then have an abutment placed.
If a patient is using a dental implant to replace a missing tooth, they will then have a special porcelain crown fabricated to match the existing teeth and placed over the abutment. This will create a seamless integration with the existing teeth in order to make the implant appear as natural as possible.
For patients using implants for dentures, a bar may be placed between several dental implants in a dental arch, and will be made to integrate with the patient's denture set. The dentures will be created with magnets that will allow the denture to snap and stay into place better than denture adhesives alone.
Dental implants are often more costly than other cosmetic restorations such as traditional dentures or dental bridges, but they are long-lasting and highly successful. The price of a dental implant can range anywhere from £900.00 to £1800.00, depending on the extent of the work being done.
At Gentle Dental Putney, our team understands the importance of a beautiful smile and offers cosmetic dentistry procedures such as dental implants in order to give patients the opportunity to restore their smile or use dentures without having to worry about their placement and stability. Cosmetic dentistry allows for many new and amazing opportunities for the team at Gentle Dental Putney to restore and rejuvenate smiles for area patients.
- Why Dental Implants - Why patients should consider dental implants for replacement of missing teeth
- Tooth Implants Putney London - Putney, London area dentist describes implants for replacing a single tooth
- Safe Dental Implants near Fulham - Patients near Fulham ask, “Are dental implants safe?”
- Implant Dentists SW London - SW London dentists offer implants as an alternative to bridges and dentures
- Implants SW London - Why SW London area patients consider implants for their smiles
- Dental Implants Putney - Putney area Dentist describes Dental Implants
- Mini Dental Implants in Putney - Dentist in Putney describes Mini Dental Implants
- Restoring Smiles with Safe Dental Implants in Putney - People in Putney are restoring their smiles beautifully with safe dental implants
- Dentist Putney Affordable Single Tooth Implants - Dentist in Putney shows patients that single tooth implants are an affordable option
- Dental Implant Procedure Putney - The procedure for a Dental Implant for Putney area residents
- Dental implant treatment in Putney - Smile again with a dental implant treatment in Putney
- Dentist Dental Implants Putney - How Putney dentist uses dental implants to restore patient smiles
- Putney Implants Dentist - Why dental implants from a Putney Hill dentist are the best solution for tooth restoration
Provide our receptionist your email address to receive an activation email and schedule your next appointment online
07594 371 646
8.00 am to 6.00 pm
8.00 am to 8.00 pm
8.00 am to 8.00 pm
8.00 am – 6.00 pm
8.00 am – 6.00 pm
9.00 am – 1.00 pm
Free initial consultation
Monday to Thursday
9.00am - 5.00pm